How do I rate as a Scouter
Here are 25 questions you can ask yourself every once in a while.
1. Do I do my part in the program section?
2. Do I run interesting programs?
3. Am I losing youth to other organizations?
4. Do I find out why youth left the section?
5. Do I ensure the youth receive due recognition?
6. Do I emphasize the łout˛ in Scouting?
7. Does the group camp enough?
8. Do I always wear my uniform to meetings?
9. Do I set an example for the youth?
10. Do I have to yell at the youth to get their attention?
11. Is discipline required in my section?
12. Am I fair to all youth?
13. Do I have favourites among the youth?
14. Have I recruited anyone lately or ever?
15. Am I a leader or a follower?
16. Do I say "thank you" often?
17. Have I ever recommended a fellow Scouter for an Honour/Award?
18. Do I relate well with my fellow Scouters?
19. Do I take the time to give guidance to a troubled youth?
20. Do I attend Scouters Club?
21. Do I take part in Area/District/Region/Provincial events?
22. Am I a good representative of my group?
23. Do I take the time to take training?
24. Do I take the time to train other Scouters?
25. Why am I in Scouting?
Reproduced for Scoutscan.com by permission of Scouter Douglas Moore - Nova Scotia