You Might be A Scout(er) If....
- you have holes in the pockets of your jeans from carrying a pocket
- you begin to think half frozen french fries, don't taste all that
- you keep a bucket of water by your side while cooking dinner.
- you spontaneously break into strange songs in public.
- you can stare at a spider web for an hour, and not notice the time
- you carry your own toilet paper wherever you go.
- you always read by a flashlight.
- your radio is always tuned to the weather station.
- you horde tent stakes.
- you wear 2 pairs of socks to bed.
- you keep a lantern hanging outside your bathroom door.
- you sleep under a trash bag.
- you cannot walk by a piece of trash without picking it up.
- you carry a dufflebag size first aid kit in your car.
- you always have hat hair.
- you continue to wear your clothes until they stand on their own.
- you're always counting how many matches you have left.
- you tie up your little brother, and he can't get loose.
- you know all the words to Little Rabbit Foo-Foo, but can't remember
- you see paint samples in a store and immediately want to name things
in nature with the same colors.
- your pots and pans are all black.
- you roast mini marshmallows on a paper clip over a candle, put it on a
golden graham with one square of chocolate, just to get the flavor.
- you always cook enough food for twelve.
- all your clothes smell like smoked bacon.
- burned hotdogs is the best meal you've had all week.
- you always have a cup hooked to your belt.
- all your dishes have little pieces of egg stuck on them.
- you own little bits of every color felt.
- you open letters with a pocket knife.
- you have something on your shoe...and you're sure it's only mud.
- you eat ants on a log and like it.
- you wear bread bags on your feet.
- you know 365 one pot meals.
- when opening large gifts you survey the box wondering if you have a
piece of foil large enough to cover it.
- you buy your shampoo in little tiny bottles.
- you order pizzas 14 at a time.
- you have the urge to help little old ladies...whether they want it or
- everything in your cupboard says "Instant, just add water".
- your neighbors hide when they see you going door to door with "that
order form" again.
- you have to go to the restroom and you start looking for a buddy.
- you really do use those emergency sewing kits.
- you go to someone's house for dinner, don't like the food, and ask if
they have peanut butter and jelly.
- you tie your shoe and check the handbook to see if it can go toward
earning a badge.
- you see a pile of rocks and immediately put them in a circle.
- you know 100 uses for a bandana.
- all your shirts have pin holes in them.
- you wear thongs in the shower.
- you actually own "The Roadkill Cookbook".
- you have a collection of used candles.
- someone asks for a volunteer and you find your hand is already in the
- your favorite cologne is Deep Woods Off.
- you can't remember which hand to shake with in the office on Monday
- you miss the "floaties" and "sinkers" in the office coffee.
- you miss "cargo pockets."
- you really love your self-inflating sleep pad.
- you have the end of every rope at home backspliced or whipped.
- you have your own desk & filing cabinet just for scout related
- your calendar is full of meetings that you never forget, but can't
remember to send a birthday card to your brother-in-law on time.
- you have the local Scout office on speed dial.
- you stop by other people's houses on trash day, rescuing items you
- you know all the best yard sales and thrift shops.
- people don't recognize you when you're not in uniform.
- you turn down a raspberry almond torte for a spoonful of Nutella.
- you find yourself discussing the relative merits of internal versus external-frame packs on a date."
- most of your wardrobe is olive drab or khaki.
- your "microwave" is a box wrapped in foil...
- your gourmet meal consists of cornbread, "Spam," and bug-juice...
- your idea of a burned-out lightbulb is a broken mantle...
- your front door has a zipper instead of a deadbolt...
- your last birthday cake was prepared and served in a Dutch Oven...
- if you've ever heard the phrase, "Trust me, it's only an hour a
- you're the only one on your block with a fire pit in your backyard...
- your "family vacation" includes 30 kids your wife/husband doesn't
Compiled from a variety of sources.