Still More Thoughts
Some scouting words of wisdom
- Scoutings main function is to prevent kids from turning to a life of crime
- Scouting should be taught in the home i.e. cookers should be replaced by alter fires etc..
- All scouts should watch MagGyver
- All parts of the pen knife should be used at some stage and not just the blade for cutting barks of trees
- The only difference between hiking in the rain and hiking in the sunshine is that you have a legitimate excuse to feel miserable!
- Remember even if you can't sing you can still help build the campfire
- You should always keep a fire extinguisher close by in case you catch a scout smoking
- If you put a couple of sharp knives in your first aid kit no-one ever injures themselves!
- If you treat the axe as an extension of your arm be carefull who you shake hands with
- It is not wise to talk about conservation around a large campfire
- In scouting competitions fire lighters should only be used if you are convinced that you will not be caught
- De-caffinated coffee has NO place on a camp/hike -may result in mutiny among the leaders
- Remember hair dryers have no place in the backpack
- Remember if YOU don't do the shopping prepare to eat marshmallows for the week-end
- The best thing about being a scout is the fact that if you are ever kicked out of home you could camp out
- I have yet to see a fire lit by rubbing two sticks together -It's a conspiracy
- Leaking tents can be avoided by hostelling!
- Remember to do your good turn everyday - It is easier than getting out of bed
- Scout leaders are not politicians -they don't get paid
- If Scouts Canada was Nike Scouts Canada our uniform would be better
- Saving the planet or ending world poverty is far too much resposibity for the PL
- Remember to wear a neckerchief while purchasing anything
- The scouting trail is not the bible -Gideons don't leave it in hotel room
- If all lines of defences fail then the scouts will defend the country - if that ever happens book the next flight out of here
- Safety is paramount always -but still, thank god for permission to camp forms
- Don't teach scouts bad language as it would be inevitably out of date, so let them teach you!
- If campsites are always cleaner when you leave them you wonder how they ever get dirty
- Teach scouts to respect the public land by making them throw rubish into private land
- Teach the scouts to LEARN the law, promise and prayer -well! their hardly going to live by it now are they?
- Scouting should only be used in defence and not in the attack of non-scouters
- Scouts all think alike -'hope my friends don't see me in this uniform'