|Purpose: Demonstrate a knowledge of safety.
1. Show how to get help. (Police, Fire, Ambulance.)
2. Explain classes of fires and how to use different types of fire extinguishers.
3. Demonstrate the safety aspects and differences between fuses and circuit breakers.
4. Show what to do in case of a fire. Plan escape routes for your home or meeting place. Include the location of fire extinguishers and smoke alarms.
5. Make a list of fire hazards in your home and meeting place.
6. Demonstrate how and why to store medicines, cleaning aids and flammable materials. Know the hazard symbols.
7. Demonstrate the basic "Rules of the Road" for bicycling.
8. Show how to avoid and treat carbon monoxide poisoning.
9. Identify common poisonous plants in your area, and how to treat symptoms.